Saturday, October 10, 2009

Paris in the Rain

Another beautiful night in Paris. It was raining, but this was more than made up for by Nutella and banana crepes on Rue Mouffetard, followed by kir (white wine + creme de cassis) and conversation at a sidewalk bar followed by a bottle of cheap wine in the ancient, fancy apartment one of my friends has been staying in with a quirky old lady while searching for housing. Everyone I know, through some protracted search or a bit of luck, has now found a place to live.

I caught the Metro back by the Bastille - only the top of it was bright enough to shine through the rain - and then back to my little corner of the world on Rue du Chevaleret. Life is good.

Sometimes being here is all about the simple pleasures, like reading on the Metro or having someone ask you for directions in French for the sixth time or the way the way the Bastille looks in the rain. Those are the things that make me happy I live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment