Monday, December 14, 2009

The 14th Arrondissement

I was offered the room in the 14th in the apartment and area I was in love with. I think I am going to move there. There is still a lot of moving out business to muddle through -- like giving my landlord notice that I'm leaving, and potentially dealing with having to pay double rent one month. But this place is actually amazing. It's a fourth-floor apartment just off Rue de General LeClerc and Rue d'Alesia, which are busy, urban boulevards. But the street it's on is quiet and calm, and the buildings are pristine and gorgeous. The building itself is adorable, and the apartment is really nice. My roommate is a 23-year-old French guy who studies engineering. He's really nice, and we bonded over our mutual love for MC Solaar. He speaks English but we are planning on sticking to French while I live there. The apartment has two sunny bedrooms, a washing machine, an oven and a full kitchen, and lots of light. It's pleasant. Really pleasant. And it's about two blocks -- hard to tell, since Paris doesn't really have blocks, since it was built in a giant circle...ANYWAY -- the apartment is right next to Parc Montsouris. The one from my favorite movie. I can go running in the park that was used in my favorite movie. I can't believe that.

So basically, things are going to be pretty quintessentially Parisian in a few weeks. I can't wait. I'm just glad I found a friendly roommate and a nice apartment. That this all happens to be in the 14th makes me feel really lucky and excited. I'll be right below Montparnasse and the Latin Quarter. But mainly I just love the neighborhood.

A segment from "Paris, Je T'Aime" on my new home: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2EbK0NEl5A. Just watch it. It's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment