Thursday, November 12, 2009

What comes is better than what came before.

Let me just say, there are few things that cannot be made a little better by delicious Israeli shawerma in the Marais followed by a cheap beer and listening to one of your friends play somewhat incomprehensible, really fun songs in a hipster (but not too scene-y) bar in the 11th, all with a good friend.

The pipes in my apartment are about a million years old, and there was some minor flooding today, but the above was pretty much a cure-all. Well, that and the fact that my landlord fixed it while I was out.

New favorite first line of a song: "The ashtray said you were up all night."

Things here get stressful more than I'd like them to, but I've been listening to Lou Reed lately (and Cat Power's cover of Lou Reed), and he has some good advice:

Oh, I do believe
you are what you perceive
What comes is better
than what came before.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm getting hit by the ancient plumbing from the other side. My parents bought a 1896 two-flat to save it from demolition, and it thanked us for the second year straight by having the pipes back up and flood the 1st floor tub with sewer water. But at least that part of it was contained, the toilet overflow managed to make it rain in the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! No good. Here it was a mysterious pipe gushing that filled the bathroom, and because my apartment is roughly the size of a large Smith dorm room, threatened to fill my kitchen and bedroom as well. Definitely glad it's contained now, but yeah. Old pipes do not a fun time make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...I googled the lyrics for "I found a reason" and somehow stumbled upon your blog. Oddly enough, I'm moving to Paris in 10 days to study abroad for the semester and am pretty excited/terrified! But, I've loved reading through your blog and getting acquainted with Paris. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete